New year quotation-QUOTATIONS,IDIOMS & PROVERBS.
New year quotation-I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes…you’re Doing Something.― Neil Gaiman
Neil Richard MacKinnon Gaiman is an English author of short fiction, novels, comic books, graphic novels, audio theater and films. Wikipedia
What a wonderful quotation!
When you read the quotation first time, you may feel that it seems negative quotation, and If you don’t understand the meaning of it at a first hand, chances are there you may feel some what strange and surprising about the fact that someone is encouraging you to make more mistakes.
For the people like us, means, I am talking about most of us.
To make mistakes is just like committing the worst ever crime on the earth,
Just see the popular perception prevailing in our society about commiting mistakes.
From childhood, we are taught that to make a mistake is the work of foolish people. Smart & intelligent, people don’t make mistakes.
- Making mistakes means you don’t know anything.
- Making mistakes means you are not committed towards your work.
- Making mistakes means your concentration or focus of the mind was not at the task on hand.
- Making mistakes means you are irresponsible person.
- Making mistakes means you have not planned your work.
- Making mistakes means you have not done your homework.
- Making mistakes means you are not carefull enough about the work.
- Making mistakes means still you need to learn and relearn about the task.
- Making mistakes means you have lost the right of one more try.
Each and every instructions of our parents, relatives, friends and family members always insist one thing to us, that never ever make mistakes.
- If you make mistakes, you will be considered as an idiot, who does not know anything.
- If you commit mistakes, people will laugh at you, and you will become the object of mockery for many.
- If you will mistakes, it will create many embarrassing moments for you and your family members,
Like these and many more wrong perception, which we learned from our childhood, and due to all of this, when we matured our whole mind set develops around this perception and principles only that, it is not wise to make mistakes.
What consequences it creates in our mature or adult life?
So, at the mature age of our life,
- We become monotonous, for avoiding the mistakes we always take the tried and tested route.
- We become machine, like machines we never tries to find out the another way of doing things.
- We become like robots, we do only that what is told us to do by our master.
So, cumulative effect of all these, we hardly take any new course of action because, that popular mind set which has now firmly planted in our mind becomes the most active and it reflects in our all the actions and reactions.
Avoid the mistakes at any cost and any how, becomes the major mantra of living life.
So, due to that, slowly and steadily our risk taking ability or that typical muscle, become smaller and smaller and at some specific point of time it completely vanishes.
Now, comes the beauty of the quotation,
I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes…you’re Doing Something.― Neil Gaiman
Till today or say till the end of the year 2013 you might have missed many opportunities just by not making mistake, you might have said ‘No’ to many prospective opportunities because you don’t want to make mistakes, You might have refuse many chances which you might have taken if you would not have fear of committing mistakes.
Any way, it is never too late, for anything good, and life is constant process of learn, unlearn and re-learn, so, now we have already entered into the new year with big bang, let us commit our self only that during this new year, I mean, in the year, 2014, let us wipe out the fear of making mistakes from our mind, let us start to do, what we would like to do, the result may be failure or success, but who cares about the result, our aim is not to achieve the result, our aim is to make more and more productive mistakes.
Special note : Remember the word ‘Productive’ mistakes.
So, dear friends, tell me frankly, in the year of 2013, how many task, how many goals, how many objectives you abandoned, just due to avoiding the mistakes.
Awaiting early reply in the form of Comment.